Tuesday, August 23, 2011

24 Weeks


So far, pregnancy has meant:

* Nausea like I've never known nausea before
* Giovanni making me do squats every 2 two hours on our road trip to Utah (to prevent bloodclots)
* Only wanting to eat hard boiled eggs for a week...and then never wanting to eat hard boiled eggs again
* Being sure it was a boy...until we found out it is a girl
* Shopping for baby girl things with my mom
* Having a meltdown in the middle of Target because there are just too many strollers/cribs/baby accessories/etc for any sane person to wrap their head around
* Loving waking up at 6 o'clock every morning because I just wasn't tired anymore
* Realizing that waking up at 6 o'clock every morning was just a phase
* Trying not to be horrified that there is a person growing inside my body (Alien, anyone??)
* Finally having an excuse to be tired and moody most of the time
* Being awestruck when I felt her kick for the first time
* Watching Giovanni be awestruck when he felt her kick for the first time
* Getting over the awe and just being really annoyed when she decides to practice soccer drills the second I lay down to sleep at night
* Praying that I don't develop stretch marks in the night
* Wondering why the only place I have developed stretch marks is on the front of my left thigh
* Cleaning out the closet in baby's room to make space for all the clothes, toys, blankets, and other gifts she has been given
* Being so excited when I woke up one morning and realized that I finally look pregnant, and not just fat
* Bringing home a stroller and car seat, then pushing it around the house with a stuffed animal inside because it's just so fun
* Loving listening to Giovanni talk about how excited he is to teach her how to ride BMX/pack a backpack for a 50 mile hike/do a cartwheel/kick a soccer ball/etc/etc/etc 
* Trying not to gain too much weight
* Watching her hiccup on the ultrasound
* Trying to figure out if I can handle birth without an epidural
* Experiencing chronic back pain for the first time ever
* Experiencing heartburn for the first time ever
* Forgetting to take my vitamin and hoping she's not screwed up because of it
* Being so excited to welcome her into the world sometime around December 12! (hopefully)

3 comments:

Chris said...

Tessani,

You guys are going to be amazing parents. December 12th is pretty much the best day ever to be born.

Keep on keepin' on.

Jessica Larae said...

TESSA! I love this post! It brought back so many memories of when I was preggers. My favorite was the pushing the stroller around with a stuffed animal. totally did that! I love you baby bump! Miss you tons!!! And CONGRATS!

Brittany Eisenbach said...

Tessa, I'm so excited you are pregnant. I loved his post, it ade me laugh multiple times!! And I'm loving your blog in general - I'm glad you guys are doing well!!